Thursday, October 17, 2013

Well, That Escalated Quickly

Yesterday I had an appointment with the RE to have a test transfer, sonohysterogram, and sign the consents for IVF. We plan to move forward with that in December when I actually have the time to make the 2 hour drive to the office for monitoring and don't have to worry about if the timing will work out with classes. Everything went well with that and he didn't see any problems in my uterus but he did find a cyst on my left ovary that he said looks like a follicle that didn't ovulate but he's not worried about it. He'll check it out again before we start a cycle for IVF to make sure it won't cause a problem.

As a preventive measure my RE prescribes an antibiotic to prevent an infection after the procedure so I picked that up from the pharmacy and took the loading dose last night around 8:30 pm. I hadn't been feeling that great yesterday so after I took it I went to lay down for the night. Unfortunately about an hour later I woke up because I was itching like CRAZY everywhere. I have never itched so bad in my life so I was immediately concerned. I went to find M because he was still up and he told me my eyes were puffy and my whole face was red so he got me 2 Benadryl and we put some cortisone cream on to hopefully help the itching. It didn't help and then I started having a hard time getting a good breath. Up until that point I wasn't planning to go to the ER and was just going to tough it out until the Benadryl had a chance to work but I wasn't about to mess around with my airway closing up so off I went. When I got there and checked in they took my vitals which were fine but my O2 saturation was at 92% so they gave me some oxygen to help bring it back up. I had intended to get a picture of my cherry red legs but then the nurse got an IV started and gave me Solu-Medrol and Benadryl IV so I decided to lay down and try to get some rest while the medicine went to work. I also got a liter of fluid before I could be released to go home. Once the hives were resolved and I was at an acceptable level of red they let me go home and I was able to finally get some sleep. Needless to say I'll never take that medicine again.

I am so glad that we have a good ER here and I was able to get in quick. I was pretty scared but the nurses there helped me get calmed down and took good care of me. My plan for today is to just be around the house and finish up some paperwork for class that is due tomorrow. I am all for a nice relaxing day because I have been running 100 miles a minute lately trying to stay on top of everything and I need a day just for me. It's going to be a good day I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment