Thursday, August 29, 2013

Long Week

It has been busy in our household this last week.

On Thursday I went in for a monitoring appointment and found I was in the middle of my LH surge and I had a nice big follicle so I was able to trigger that evening and go in on Friday for the IUI. If my first IUI went off with ease this one was a little more uncomfortable. The clinic I go to usually the nurse will do the actual IUI but for whatever reason my RE wanted to do mine. I showed up at 9 am with a full bladder and due to a scheduling issue I had to wait for quite awhile. I ended up emptying my bladder twice while waiting and was still too full when I finally got called back so I got to partially empty it. Have you ever tried to stop peeing when you've really got to go? Not easy but I managed to do it and I probably could have let out more and I would have been more comfortable. So doc comes in and after double checking everything he gets things ready. Apparently my cervix was really hard to find because he must have moved that damn speculum about 5 times trying to get it in a good position. All this while I have a half full bladder and having pressure on my abdomen from the ultrasound wand. Thankfully once he got it in place everything else went quickly and after a short wait I was able to finally pee. So today I am 6 dpiui and I'm going to *try* to wait until my beta draw before testing. We'll see how much self-control I have.

On Monday M got released from the hospital and we made it back home late that evening. He's doing really well and is actually having a lot less pain than I expected at this point. He goes back for a follow-up with the surgeon next week and then sees the oncologist again in 2 months. He's been relaxing at home this week and watching Hell on Wheels.

As for me I started my last semester of nursing school. WHAT! I can hardly believe that in a matter of months I will be taking boards and working as a RN. Crazy. But I'm so excited to get started. I'm going to try to stay up to date on this but I apologize now if my posting becomes more infrequent as my final projects and tests come up. The next couple of weeks will be stressful as we have a big skills test coming up and shortly after that the first written test. I got this though - I'm going to rock it this semester!




No comments:

Post a Comment