Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Testing Out The Trigger

One of medicines in my protocol is a drug called Ovidrel.






It's purpose is to trigger ovulation once my follicles are large enough, usually somewhere in the range of 18-22 mm. I had 3 nice follicles on my monitoring ultrasound of 7/24 so my RE had me trigger at 10pm that evening for an IUI at 9:00 am 7/26. The thing about Ovidrel though is that it will give you a false positive on a pregnancy test. Well, I have to know as soon as possible so I decided to test out the trigger. All that involves is taking a pregnancy test every day (or every other day but really, I have no self control) until you get a negative test. Any positive you get after that is a true positive. It varies from one person to the next on how long it'll take for the trigger to leave your system - the norm seems to be anywhere from 7-10 days after the injection. Here is my progression


As you can see I started testing the morning of my IUI 7/26 and I was getting faint positives until 7/31 and it appears to have cleared my system completely by the following morning. I'm hoping for a real positive any day now. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment