Friday, August 30, 2013

Is Today Over Yet?

Because I am so done with this day. I actually have zero complaints about school stuff - I'm pretty stoked to get going. No, my complaint is with my lab draw today and the cluster fuck that has been. This morning I got up early to go to the health center and my progesterone level drawn before class. I walk in at 7:30 am when they open and am informed that they no longer draw for quest. I was there less than 2 months ago with the exact same paperwork and they did the lab no questions asked. But today as I was filling out the sign in sheet they straight up told me no they won't do it. WTF?




I didn't have time to argue so I went on to class with the intention of calling my OB/GYN's office to see if they could do the draw. They said they'd do it so I drove to the other side of town after class got my blood drawn and went back to the campus for work. About an hour ago I got a voice mail from them saying that the place they sent it to screwed up and didn't spin the sample down right or something and the lab can't run my progesterone now.



They said that they need a new sample but they are closing at 4 today and won't be open again until Tuesday and I should come in to get another draw then. Did I mention that this test is time sensitive and has to be drawn on this specific day in my cycle? Oh and my cell phone is dead so I can't call anyone right now so I have an e-mail in to my clinic asking what to do. Since it's nearing 5 pm and I've yet to receive a reply I highly doubt I'm going to get a response today. Awesome. I have one other place I *might* be able to go if they're still open once I leave work but I'm not holding my breath.




No comments:

Post a Comment